Aussie Christmas Traditions

6:11 AM Unknown 0 Comments

Hello friends. This time we have special guest on my little blog. I wanted to have a guest post for blogmas and my very good friend Adam *Ads* was kind enough to write one for me. So we have a Christmas post again. Also Adam just started his own blog so it would be very nice of you if you could give him some blogging love. *http://whynotblog3.blogspot.rs/2015/12/welcome.html*  Hope you'll enjoy it. And thank-you Adam.

Hi Dragana’s internet friends.  I’m not sure if I asked her to do this or if she asked me but evs.  I thought the blogmas idea was awesome and I wanted to write about my family’s Christmas traditions.
Christmas is my second favorite time of year and one of the reasons is that I’m around my super huge family and everyone is so happy.  For me Christmas begins when my mum buys me an advent calendar (yes I’m 25, so what?).  If you don’t know what this is it’s a calendar with a small piece of chocolate behind every day from December 1 – 24.  It fills me with all sorts of happiness even though the chocolate is pretty shit.

On Christmas Eve we use to always go to church with my nana, but she passed away in 2013.  So now we just go with us.  When we get home we watch Carols by Candlelight.  This is a huge event held in Melbourne (I’m Aussie) and raises money for a charity called Vision Australia.  They have all these Australian singers singing Christmas songs.

Obviously I always buy a present for my family, even if last year I bought my parents present just before midnight (great son).  I also get a present for Drags because I’m trying to buy her friendship.  Seeing the look on their face when they open something they like is like a present to me.  My family are normally like yeah, cool, thanks, whatever, but Dragana’s face lights up with feels of rainbows and puppies and kitties and chicken nuggets.  It makes me so happy.

Since I was little on Christmas morning my brother, sister and I had to wait until 7am to get up.  Apparently my parents wanted sleep, SELFISH!!!  We would then have to have breakfast and a shower before present time.  Complete torture but the wait is worth it.  Then my dad will hand out presents to everyone, one by one.  My nana Noel use to come every Christmas but she died in 1999.  Then my nana May.

After this we play with our toys, well not really toys anymore (hoping for a bouncy ball this year) and then go to Christmas lunch with my mum’s family.  We have Christmas lunch with my dad’s family the Saturday before Christmas.

Christmas is a special time for me as a Catholic but also because of how it brings my family together.  Seeing everyone smiling and laughing together makes me so happy.  So many of my greatest memories are on Christmas.  Like when I was 7 and my brother and I got power ranger costumes and were running around in them at my auntie’s house.  I was red.




Thank-you for reading my guest entry, sorry it was so long but apparently I can talk a lot.  Just ask Drags!!!


MERRY CHRISTMAS PEOPLE



0 коментара:

Powered by Blogger.