You Are Not Special?!

6:11 AM Unknown 0 Comments

Hello again friends today I wanted to talk about the YouTube video I watched few days ago. When I watched it, it really get to me and I wanted to write a post on it but my thoughts were all over the place and I decided that I want to wait a bit on it. So I did and I watched the video a few minutes ago again and here I am. Also today is the first day of school at my country and after a 13 years of going back to school on this day this time I'm not going anywhere. Life. So let's just jump into this.

So the video im talking about is called You Are NOT Special  (please click here and whach the video then come back). In the video one of my favorite YouTubers Humble The Poet (Subscribe) is talking obiusli about his opinion on telling kids and adolts that tell they are special. He's referring to a George Carlin's funny speech where he says that if every kid is special does that mean that every adult is special. Then he is talking about people who have high expectations in life (in his opinion because they were told that they are special) and doesn't do anything to earn it and get what they want and hope for. He's saying that if you have a big dream you have to work your butt of to earn get to the point where you can say my dreams come true. And I agree 100% with him about that. If you have a goal in life you can't expect that you'll get there just by existing on this planet. This effing word doesn't work like that and every slightly rational human being knows that and think like that in their brain. (if you know what I mean) But Humble is saying that there is generations and generations of young people that expect to get everything they want just right here and right now and he thinks that they are like that because they were told that they are special. And here is my problem.

First of all whoever thinks and expect to get something just because they are special are cray cray (yes I said it hate me all you want). If you think that you deserve a world record in athletics and you don't train and you don't do anything to get to that record YOU ARE DELUSIONAL. And it's not the fault of the teacher or mom or whoever told you that you are special. It's partly your fault and if you are 20 something and you think that just by sitting on your ass will get you to a good place in life good luck dude. You screwed. I think that telling kids and adults that they are special is just simply true. There is only one Humble The Poet on this planet there is only one of each person is the world. We all are special and unique. By saying that I don't mean (and no one means) that you deserve more than me or I deserve more than you. By that I don't mean (and no one does) that you don't have to work you butt off to get to the place in life where you want to be. By that I mean to say hey, the only thing you and only you have is YOU and the best thing you have to give to this world is you. Keep that in mind. Find who you are, work on yourself and give yourself to the world. If you have a passion and dream, you can get to it. You can't sit on your ass all day and think this is who I am why the world don't appreciate me. You can't expect anything to fall from the sky for you because you are special but you can motivate yourself and other by saying there is not a single person it the world like me. If I don't pursue myself and my dream no one will. That and only that is what people mean by saying that we are special.

Okay before I get all over the place with my thoughts I'm stopping. I respect other people's opinions and I'm not saying that I'm right I just have a different opinion and I wanted to share it. I see where Humble was going and why he thinks like that but my point of view is different. I don't think that there is no people who expect success and don't work for it, I know there is plenty of them. I just don't think they are like that because of the saying "You are special". But that's another topic. Let me know in the comments what did you think about the video and the post? Do you agree with Humble or with me?

Thanks for reading.

You are special.



0 коментара:

Powered by Blogger.